Background

07 December 2011

"If we aren't growing, we are staying the same and I will welcome the change..."

After much deep thought and exploration, I have decided to take my photography in a new direction, and I hope you all embrace this wonderful change as much as I have!

As a photographer, my goal is to keep growing and challenging myself. I have been trying to define my vision and, this summer, I finally had a breakthrough. It has taken some time to further develop my vision and although my new branding is still in the works, I am excited to share my new style with you!

Going forward, I will be exclusively offering Storytelling Sessions. These sessions take place only in your home (and/or outdoor space) and really capture the genuine side of you and your young children. I don't use props or backgrounds and will almost never use a flash with your precious little ones. Together, we will plan a few activities that paint a picture of a typical day in your life. 

I consider these images not just snapshots or candids, but art for your life. Nearly each image is post-processed in a rich black and white. I believe the absence of color accentuates the emotion in each photo. 

This type of photography is very dear to my heart and I am passionate about it because it reminds me so much of how my mom used to photograph me as a child. I have thousands upon thousands of prints (yes, I said prints!) of me in the bathtub, riding my bike, running around in diapers, finger painting, playing with the dog - you name it! These images are so special because I can picture those times in my mind. They bring back fond memories of the house I grew up in, how the world looked to me as a child and how my mom loved everything about me so much that she wanted to freeze each moment in time. Speaking of freezing, these photos were so important to her that she would put rolls of film in the freezer to preserve them until she had the money to get them developed.

...

If you would like a day of your child's life artfully captured, contact me for a session. I am accepting limited numbers of Saturday and weekday bookings. Introductory pricing can be found on my website.

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment