Background

30 December 2011

Gettin' Fit & Crafty - Personal

In honor of the upcoming new year, I decided it was time to get back into dancing for exercise. I used to enjoy Andre Hairston's Cardio Craze classes so much. I stopped going because they got so full and, I'll admit, that gave me a good excuse to be lazy. 

Yesterday, I attended a hip-hop dance class at the YMCA and I had fun! So much fun that I rolled my ankle over and fell backward during a dance. I tried to stabilize myself and only made it worse. It was like I was going down in slow motion. But... I got back up and kept going like the gangsta that I am. Tomorrow, I'm going to kick butt at Andre's class at Myers Park Baptist!

For the gettin' crafty part of this post, here are a couple of photos of the wreaths I made yesterday with my friend, Emily. I was inspired by this blog post to make some seasonal wreaths. The one on the left is my Valentine's Day creation and the one on the right can double as Spring/Easter. I'm pretty proud of myself :) And, the best part is, the project only cost me $26 for both. Heck yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment